October is National Bully Prevention Month
We have many activities planned to continue to promote unity through kindness, acceptance, and inclusion at Monroe School. Each morning during announcements, students will learn about how to identify various signs of bullying (both in-person AND online). In line with our “BE TRUE” theme, we continue to promote learning opportunities for our students to help them develop the tools to be a positive catalyst for change and help put a stop to bullying for good. Working together, we will promote unity and a safe and caring environment for all!
We encourage our students to show their support for putting an END TO BULLYING by participating in our October spirit week activities!
Monday October 18th – TEAM UNITY – Show your grade level spirit by uniting around a color!
- Kindergarten – Wear RED
- 1st grade – Wear YELLOW
- 2nd grade – Wear GREEN
- 3rd grade – Wear BLUE
- 4th grade – Wear PURPLE/BLACK
- 5th grade – Wear PINK/WHITE
- Outdoor assembly by Matt Wilhem (thank you to the Monroe PTO and D181 Foundation)
Tuesday October 19th – UNITE WITH A BUDDY – Share your favorite hat or hairstyle with your new buddy – it’s crazy hat and hair day!
- Grade levels will pair up to kick off BOOK BUDDIES. Students will pair up and read with a student from another grade level.
Wednesday, October 20th – UNITY DAY – WEAR ORANGE
- Today, we all come together in UNITY to put an end to bullying.
- All students and staff will receive a MONROE UNITED orange wristband (thank you Monroe PTO!)
- Students will participate in a unity pledge activity
Thursday, October 21st – ACTIVE AND UNITED – Wear your favorite sports or active wear
- Students will unite in an an activity as a class against bullying
Friday, October 22nd – TRUE COLORS UNITE – Wear your BE TRUE shirts, any Monroe spiritwear, or anything green
- We will unite as a whole school against bullying